Indian Agriculture College and Indian Agriculture University News.

Agriculture University News

Centre Asked All States to Adopt of Common Veterinary Admission Test

New Delhi: The Centre has asked all states, from next year onwards, admit students in veterinary courses through a national common admission test on the lines of NEET for medical courses.

Currently for admission to veterinary courses for filling up 15% of all-India quota seats in veterinary colleges and for that Veterinary Council of India (VCI) conducts an 'All India Pre-Veterinary Test (AIPVT)'and by states via separate test, the rest 85% state quota seats is filled up.

The Union Agriculture Ministry had asked all states for 2016 academic year to fill up the state quota through AIPVT. Haryana, Madhya Pradesh, Manipur and Rajasthan, these states are agreed to participate and ministry have also written to rest of the states to come on board for the next year.

He said that the Centre is keen that the veterinary admission for next year must be done only on the basis of the common entrance test similar to the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) being done for medical courses.

There are 74 agricultural universities and 44 veterinary colleges and universities in the India. Central agri-colleges attached to ICAR. Once ASRB announces the cut off list, the rest can be recruited by the state governments.

Balyan said, the Central government is doing bit in granting funds to the farm and livestock sector, but the state governments should also contribute and ensure all vacant posts are filled up in agri and veterinary colleges.


© Agreement , Privacy Policy
Email Us On : Info [ at ]