Dr. Balasaheb Sawant Konkan Krishi Vidyapeeth has organized National Seminar on Strategies for Development of Cashew in collaboration with National Horticulture Board and National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (N.A.B.A.R.D.) from 2/2/2016 to 3/2/2016.
Themes of Seminar:
1. Improvement of cashew crop
2. Management for sustainable production in cashew
3. Impact of climate change and developed adoption strategies.
4. Value chain management for enhanced farm profitability.5.
6. Pests and diseases of cashew their adaptation and mitigation strategies for climate resilience.
7. Social economic aspects of cashew development.
There will be six different themes based technical sessions during the seminar.
Session I: Cashew Crop Improvement
Session II: Sustainable Cashew Production
Session III: Climate Resilient Cashew Production
Session IV: Pests and Diseases of Cashew
Session V: Post Harvest Management and Processing
Session VI: Economics and Social Sciences in Relation to Cashew
| Participants||Early Bid||Regular/Normal|
|S.A.U. and I.C.A.R. Institute||Rs. 3000/-||Rs. 4000/-|
|Representatives of private companies||Rs. 4000/-||Rs. 5000/-|
|Representatives of NGOs||Rs. 3000/-||Rs. 4000/-|
|Students||Rs. 1000/-||Rs. 1500/-|
Accommodation will be arranged by Regional Fruit Research Station, Vengurle –416 516, Dist. – Sindhudurg. Most of the delegates will be accommodated in nearby hotels on payment basis
The venue of the seminar is the Regional Fruit Research Station, Vengurle – 416 516, Dist. – Sindhudurg. The nearest railway station is Kudal and Sawantwadi at 25 km from this place. Goa is the 60 km away by road and train. Nearest airport is Goa, at 120 km distance.