Agri College Events
Agri College Education
Agri College Publications
Agri College Directory
Agri Career Resources
Hands on Training at CCS Haryana Agricultural University From 22 June 2016
The Department of Molecular Biology & Biotechnology, CCS Haryana Agricultural University, Hisar, Haryana, is organizing a six week hands on training on the topic “Plant Tissue Culture and Molecular approaches for supplementing plant breeding efforts. The proposed training has been designed keeping in view the needs of the teachers and researchers from ICAR/SAU/State Univ. & Colleges and Graduate college students. The training programme will include lectures as well as practical classes.
Date: June 22 to August 2, 2016
1. Plant tissue culture and genetic transformation.
2. Molecules of genetic inheritance, molecular markers, PCR, linkage mapping, marker-assisted selection and various aspects of molecular breeding.
3. Structural and functional genomics and recent developments.
1. Plant regeneration, embryo culture, plant transformation, etc.
2. Isolation of plasmid DNA and genomic DNA & RNA.
3. PCR amplification of genomic DNA using molecular markers and their resolution by gel electrophoresis.
4. RT-PCR and cloning of RT-PCR products in E.coli.
5. Data analysis and bioinformatics tools.
6. A three weeks training on a specific mini-project on plant tissue culture, genetic transformation, marker technology or microbial biotechnology
Course Fees: Participants are requested to pay a sum of Rs. 10000/- (Rs ten thousand only) as registration fee. The registration fee shall be deposited in cash at the time of registration on June 22, 2016.
Number of Participants: The maximum number of participants shall be 20.
Eligibility: Participants (faculty and graduate students) are invited from ICAR Institutes/ SAUs/Basic Science Institutes/ State Governments/Private Organizations.
For More Details Visit: http://hau.ernet.in/hisar_admin/newspdf/14645842776wtrainbmb.pdf